Monday, September 20, 2010

What Do I Spend Money On?


I realize most of my posts are about what NOT to spend money on so you may be curious as what I DO believe in spending money on.

#1. A good mattress, if you can't sleep at night because you have springs poking you or you can't get comfortable, your whole life quality will be effected including how you preform at work and how well you feel, buy a decent mattress and springs.

#2. Fresh foods, I am a big believer in raw foods, not that I don't love junk food items but I really try to eat 4 raw foods a day, usually 3 fruit and 1 vegetable. I also believe in raw milk, however the closest place to me proves to be a little far in the summer to make it a convenient choice even with the use of a cooler. I also believe in eating a lot of fiber, death begins in the colon.

#3. A good haircut, you wear your hair every day, I have very long hair and I pay $23 plus a tip for a haircut, I have tried walk in places and they just don't cut it, trying to save a few bucks can result with months of growing out a bad look, it's just not worth it.

#4. I am hesitant to mention this but someone needs to tell ladies, you need a decent bra. If you can only afford to buy thrift store clothing that is fine but you MUST wear a decent bra and replace it often, spandex doesn't have a long life. If you are a "C" or above you need an underwire and probably a "molded cup", I pay "big money" $35-$40 for one, I treat it like a little baby hand washing it and hanging it to dry. It will make all your clothing look better. Think you are flat chested and don't need a bra, you are mistaken and trust me everyone but you knows it. It is better to have one good one the ten cheap ones.

#5. Tips, if you can't afford to tip decently then you can't afford to go out to eat. 15%-20% is what you should tip at a sit down restaurant. If you are using a coupon as I often do for a B1GI meal tip on what the bill would be without the coupon. I tip Pizza Delivery men extra, I also tip my hair stylist. If I am at a restaurant where it's buffet and someone just brings your drinks and clears the table I tip $1 per person.

#6. God's work, the more money you give to something the more you find yourself caring about it.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to #4. I'm a cheapo in every area. I even have a cheap mattress (and hate it but whatcha gonna do...) BUT that is one item I also spend $30-$40, more for a nursing one. My husband will never complain about my getting good quality under garments. I look on ebay for high end brands, Anita and Le Mystere being my favorites.

    ReplyDelete