Thursday, September 16, 2010

Motivation


Inside one of my kitchen cabinets is a little photo of a lobster...why? It's my motivation. To me it means that for the price of burgers and fries at a family style restaurant I can afford to buy a lobster(or a steak) at the grocery store and cook it myself. The difference is effort.

Now, I do enjoy eating out but I try to remember it should be a "treat" that is built into our budget. Recently we were eating at Smokey Bones, we eat there quiet often because they send out a lot of $10/$20 coupons or buy one meal get one free. Well our check came and my coke was $2.69... I thought about that for a second I would NEVER pay $2.69 for a 2 litter of soda in the grocery store but served over a great deal of ice in a fancy glass I would? For that money I could have bought a lot more product... (and I confess I didn't even finish my first glass the the restaurant).

One of my college roommates used to cut out photos of beautiful women in magazine and post them next to her bed, I thought her quiet silly and maybe a little vain...but now 6 years and 2 kids later she is still very thin...it is something she works at but those photos were her "motivation".

When I don't feel like picking up one more thing or doing one more load of laundry I want an episode of "Horders", and I get cleaning fast... inside my coupon binder is a receipt from CVS saying I spent .12 total for numerous products to remind me that time spent cutting and organizing coupons is MONEY .

One those days when it seems like all I do is correct, clean and discipline small children and I hear myself complaining because I am pregnant and feeling icky yet again, I'll read some of Michelle Dugger's book on child rearing or maybe watch an episode of their show to remind me what kind of finished product I want. If I am a Christian but never pray, read my Bible or go to Church or do one good deed for Christ I would soon not care much about Him.

So what types of things do you use to stay motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment