Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Modern Day "June Cleaver"


I have recently been watching "Leave it to Beaver" on our Roku player (which by the way gets my top recommendation for cable-less, inexpensive TV viewing) and I noticed a distrubing thing...June Cleaver the housekeeper, wife and mother so many women expire to was a phoney! She had a cleaning lady! to do the "heavy work". No wonder she always looks so polished and well rested, her two boys and husband were gone all day and Women's Clubs and Garden Parties could be attended freely. After having this revelation I have either decided that I too may have to retire my pearls and heals...or get myself a cleaning lady.

1 comment:

  1. My family calls me June Cleaver. I guess anyone who doesn't wear seat pants all day and really does want her kitchen floor clean gets that title though. =)

    ReplyDelete