Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Raining At My House

As most of you know we are living on a severance package from our old church that will run out right around Christmas, ministers are considered "self employed" and therefore don't qualify for unemployment. In our denomination right now there are 4 qualified ministers for every 1 open church, those aren't very good odds, some churches we have interviewed at have got several hundred applicants and one got over a thousand so I guess it's a compliment to even be considered.
My husband has 2 Ivy League degrees and graduated from a Top 5 Law School, and speaks a foreign language fluently. He however doesn't have a current bar license in our state and minister's who speak German aren't in high demand it seems lawyers don't even want a paralegal who was a lawyer, one said it would be like hiring a surgeon to be his clinic nurse in a family practice.
We really want another church, we don't care if it's small or large, all elderly or all young as long as it's full of God's people. We are hoping that somewhere there is a church that will want us too. In the meantime I like to buy groceries and paying the mortgage is nice too, especially since I have a newborn , 2 1/2 year old and almost 5 year old. As I look around our home we have been blessed, we are not in want I'm also thankful that We no longer live paycheck to paycheck like we once did that thanks to the advice of people like Dave Ramsey, Larry Burkett and good books on saving we are a little wiser now. I know that another church will come however it might not come as quickly as I'd like and while I try not to put my trust in money over God I don't think you should live as if it's never going to "rain" but it is nice to have an Ark to run to.

No comments:

Post a Comment